Sunday, January 17, 2010

Lung Transplant Statistics How Successful Is A Lung Transplant Surgery?

How successful is a lung transplant surgery? - lung transplant statistics

One of my contacts had lung transplants performed in Canada. I think it was a double lung transplant because it was what I needed. In any case, what the survival rate? Is it good or bad? I do not know if it's today or yesterday. I only know that he had done. So if in the "agree" I know it will be hard for him the first few days, but if you have something that will be in the "security zone?" Any information is great. Thank you! :)

1 comments:

Troy said...

According to the site is between 15% and 25% of recipients of double lung transplantation, signs of pulmonary insufficiency observed after five years. 50% when they reach the age of 10 However, the younger the recipient is most likely to live longer with their lungs have been donated. There are many reasons to be optimistic.

The biggest news is that their lungs are CF more, the rest of their body problem, but the healthy donor cells are not affected by the defective gene.

I have a school project where I interviewed people with cystic fibrosis, some were transplants and not think of another candidate or not. It appears that the court is a great advantage for the beneficiaries and has made their families. (Fewer hospitalizations, fewer infections and less physical therapy because there was) no mucus to expel the day.

Hopefully it will go better from now on, his friend and his family.

Post a Comment