Monday, January 11, 2010

Wood Block Letters How To Do A Craft With Wood?

How to do a craft with wood? - wood block letters

So I have to see quotes and other things painted wood around the time these days for $$$$. I wanted to do me, but wanted to know how to do it and do it.

I bought a couple of wooden blocks and then try and paint a picture gallery for each letter. The wood is so hard, so I suppose I have to smooth the sand before painting too? I am not familiar with the loops through the craft store or done something to make sandpaper I need to go to a store, such as Lowe's?

I had already begun some of the colors of ivory and I noticed that the timber still showed. Is it because I used cheap acrylic? I think the brand is sacred, but I've tried, these have by buying a little more $ $ and already applied in 2 layers to avoid. I Should the treatment of ivory spray paint, not to show through the wood?

After painting the blocks and placement of characters on the texts, I use a spray completion? Thank you!

2 comments:

Jill M said...

Hello, you need to sand the wood smooth and I think it would be much cheaper at Home Depot and Lowe on sandpaper - the purchase of fine sandpaper to medium term. He uses the first med then top with a fine.

In general, buy a few boxes with white paint or spray paint and give a couple of somewhat lower layers of the sub-spray for wood is not through. Then either go ahead and spray or paint hands. However, keep in mind if the grain shows through a little - there is a rustic look. We have some evidence that you describe, and painted the edges of a dark brown or black. That was very nice.

I do not use spray ready, but they can always buy a clear acrylic spray and give it a final draft, if desired.

If you decide you want these ships in a show which really need to sell to see the price per table or space, as I've noticed that more and more and is very difficult to make a profit when it is very high.

Good luck!

flowerim... said...

I have found in pressed flowers, and then seal it! Check printing, and seal with decoupage! Work image search on the web.
There are several ways to cool! I know many artists from wood
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/craftersch ...
is open to the public. Photo albums are the only source of inspiration!
I also make bird houses and feeders.
Look at my photo site and you can some of you have done!
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/vi ...

Post a Comment